Ok, 6 weeks ago Reese had to get a DOC Band to correct her misshapen head (flat head) due to spending too much time in her bouncy seat or swing because of her acid reflux. Since that day, we have been asked the strangest questions as to why she has a "helmet" on her head!!! Most people will either stare because they don't want to offend us by asking, or they will say something like "do you mind me asking what is wrong with her, or why she has to wear the helmet?" My personal favorite, was when we went down to Groves to see Justin's family. We were at a church pot luck dinner and someone came up to us and proceeded to ask this question (keep in mind he was dead serious)... "Now do you put that helmet on her head when you put her in her carrier because you are afraid you might drop her?" WHAT? I guess I would rather people ask than just assume something is really wrong. Anyway, we went to the craniologist last week and it looks like she has about 6 more weeks in her band. I have to say, she wears her band well, but we are excited for the day that we are all done. Here is one of my favorite pictures of her in her band.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
It's not a helmet!
Two posts in one day... I know, can you believe it? (that's for you mom)
Ok, 6 weeks ago Reese had to get a DOC Band to correct her misshapen head (flat head) due to spending too much time in her bouncy seat or swing because of her acid reflux. Since that day, we have been asked the strangest questions as to why she has a "helmet" on her head!!! Most people will either stare because they don't want to offend us by asking, or they will say something like "do you mind me asking what is wrong with her, or why she has to wear the helmet?" My personal favorite, was when we went down to Groves to see Justin's family. We were at a church pot luck dinner and someone came up to us and proceeded to ask this question (keep in mind he was dead serious)... "Now do you put that helmet on her head when you put her in her carrier because you are afraid you might drop her?" WHAT? I guess I would rather people ask than just assume something is really wrong. Anyway, we went to the craniologist last week and it looks like she has about 6 more weeks in her band. I have to say, she wears her band well, but we are excited for the day that we are all done. Here is one of my favorite pictures of her in her band.
Ok, 6 weeks ago Reese had to get a DOC Band to correct her misshapen head (flat head) due to spending too much time in her bouncy seat or swing because of her acid reflux. Since that day, we have been asked the strangest questions as to why she has a "helmet" on her head!!! Most people will either stare because they don't want to offend us by asking, or they will say something like "do you mind me asking what is wrong with her, or why she has to wear the helmet?" My personal favorite, was when we went down to Groves to see Justin's family. We were at a church pot luck dinner and someone came up to us and proceeded to ask this question (keep in mind he was dead serious)... "Now do you put that helmet on her head when you put her in her carrier because you are afraid you might drop her?" WHAT? I guess I would rather people ask than just assume something is really wrong. Anyway, we went to the craniologist last week and it looks like she has about 6 more weeks in her band. I have to say, she wears her band well, but we are excited for the day that we are all done. Here is one of my favorite pictures of her in her band.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I cannot believe that someone asked if she wore that because you were afraid that you would drop her!!! The things that people come up with crack me up!
She is so adorable -- with or without "helmet." Pretty cute Mommy too! Mimi is in heaven on earth!
I know you don't know me and I promise I am not a wierd-o:). I hate it when people look at my blog and don't leave comments, so I thought I'd let you know who I was!
I am friends with Kristin (from church) and I clicked on your blog to see the cute, painted doc band. Reese is adorable:).
When Reese is done Will would like to borrow the Helmet to go motorcycle riding :) He said we have to repaint it though!
Post a Comment