Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Reese's Room
About a week ago, I got the urge to re-arrange Reese's room. I saw a picture of someone else's nursery, and you know how that goes... Suddenly Reese's room needed to be transformed! I like rearranging things anyway, I do it to our living room quite often. So, I thought, what a fun little project for me! We have shelves hung up in Reese's room that my dad and Justin put up. Apparently that was not an easy task, and therefore would not be fun to move. However, my entire vision of her room hung around moving those shelves. I asked my husband about it, and he basically said "no way!" Those who know me know that I usually don't stop there! :) So, he walked out the door for work, and I got to work. First I moved her dresser, then her crib (she wasn't in it of course), then her chair, lamp, etc. Each piece of furniture was moved several times, before I finally considered the project complete; that is for that day! I had decided to rearrange the room and not have to move the shelves. But the next day, I decided the masterpiece was not complete, not even close. So, here I go again... dresser, bed, chair, table, lamp, rug, etc. All of these pieces of furniture made it around the room multiple times, until the room was in the exact location I thought it needed to be. Of course, the next step was moving the shelves. My parents just happened to be coming in that weekend so I called my dad and the conversation went like this... "Daddy, how mad would you be at me if I asked you to move those shelves?" To which he replied "Oh, I'd probably never forgive you!" :) But he brought his tools anyway, just in case. On Sunday before he left, we decided to tackle the project one more time, so, you guessed it- dresser, bed, chair, lamp, table, rug all over again. After putting that room every way we could possibly imagine, we finally got it right. We stood back and admired our work. How did I have everything you ask? Exactly the way it was BEFORE I ever moved anything!!! :) The only thing we did end up moving was the rug from vertical to horizontal. But we had fun doing it. Anyway, here is the finished project!!!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment