Friday, August 8, 2008
Are you an Olympic swimmer?
Last weekend my sister-in-law, Jenna, and I decided to go down to our neighborhood pool and swim laps. When we got there the pool was crowded, but we found a lane that we could both share. So, we hopped in the water and started swimming; All different kinds of strokes, butterfly, back stroke, the most popular one that I can't remember the name of... You get the picture. Apparently our form wasn't the best because not only did I sustain minor injuries by slamming into the lane rope (by the way it's not a soft rope, it's hard plastic), but Jenna pointed out that there was a couple laughing at us laying out by the pool. I figured they were probably just jealous that we were so motivated and were working out while they laid around! :) Anyway, Jenna decided she was going to go lay out while I swam a few more laps. When I got back to the wall after swimming all over the lane, a girl, not let me rephrase... a blonde bombshell was sitting on the side waiting for me. With goggles in hand, she asked if she could share the lane with me. (this was part of the couple that thought we were funny) I took one look at her goggles, and said "Oh, I'm finished anyway!" First of all, who would want to share the lane with me when I could take them out in a split second. And secondly, she had goggles- no fair! I got out to join Jenna and we proceeded to watch as this girl swam, in perfect form might I add. I was wondering how she got down and back so fast, until we realized that she did the wall flip, you know the one that the real swimmers do! Then, her husband jumps in the water in all of his buffness, and loe and behold he is sporting an olympic tattoo on his back! One can only assume there has been some training. We of course, decided we were finished swimming laps for the day. I feel confident if I only had a pair of goggles... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad that I wasn't there in all my pregnant glory! A girl the other day asked me if I wanted to share a lane with her. I thought she was so nice to offer. I wanted to try my best to swim super fast and have perfect form in the ONE stroke that I can do. I was so out of breath and thought I was about to go into labor. She said,"Man you swim fast!" It was really funny and I really thought I was going to pass out. Imagine if the olympic bombshell was sharing a lane with me!! I might have been tempted to try the wall flip. That would be a hard one to explain in the ER:)
Well, your blog is very cute! I'm sorry to hear about the injuries sustained at the pool. It could have been worse, though. I would like to say that this has never happened to me but it has. Except I actually swam into the other lane onto on-going traffic. Luckily I knew the person I almost hit head-on...Larry. He did not mind much but we both choked on water! AHAHAH Anyway, I hope that made you feel better. I miss you papoos and I look forward to meeting Miss Reese. Love you Ashley L.
This made me laugh outloud. Only you...
Hilarious!!!
Post a Comment